Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Red Lobster later tonight!

Kay, Im gonna try to focus on what I did today in clinic but Ill be honest, crab is about the only thing on my brain right now.  I was surprised to find that she was a harder classification than what we determined in her OD appointment.  This was due to the great amount of calculus she had on her teeth.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to detect the calculus...well I did, but after trying unsuccessfully to get it off I figured that it was tooth structure.  Professor Hafen came and used an astounding amount of pressure...more than I would have ever felt comfortable activating, and she was able to get off that tenacious calculus.  I hope that next time Ill be wise enough to know when Im feeling calculus and not tooth structure.  I would hate to use that kind of pressure on only tooth structure.  I need to explore deeper into the contacts of the patients teeth...almost through to the anterior surface on the linguals.  Especially on the mesial side.  Most of the surfaces I missed were mesial.  Goal:  fail to miss any mesial surfaces on my next scaling appointment.  I also need to complete more PEs.  Ill make an action plan in my planner for which days and on which patients I will pass off each PE so I can be prepared.  Now, on to that crab!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment