Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Most efficient day yet

It felt good to know I was proceeding at the pace I was intending to today.  I saw and finishing cleaning 3 Quadrants of Tamis mouth and then I brought in my niece Kenzie.  She is three and I was able to give her a pretty thorough cleaning!  Good girl!  So all in all, I cleaned 7 quads today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  and I didnt have ANY errors!  I was very happy!  I passed off three PE's as well!  I passed off my intraoral camera PE, my selective polishing PE, and my removable prosthesis PE.  My computer was giving us difficulty so we werent able to save Tamis images.  That was kind of disappointing because I see how taking pictures can be an effective means of educating and motivating our patients to care for their oral health.  I remember how uncomfortable polishing was when I volunteered in dental offices, but I was pleasantly pleased with my level of control as I polished beneath Tamis gingival margins during my PE.  My motions were very thorough and fluid.  That is one evidence of the progress I have made and I consciously realized how far I have come with fulcrums.  I hardly think about them anymore, but place them autonomically.  Its fun to realize how much progress you are making sometimes.  Kenzie was so good about letting me clean her mouth.  I was able to use my explorer and everything!  She is so good tempered!  It was so cute watching her keep her mouth open, even when she didnt need to.  I noticed some white spots and educated Sharlene about fluoride supplements that she could give Kenzie to guard against demineralization.  She knew very little about the advantages of fluoride and I was happy that I was able to make a difference for her. 

No comments:

Post a Comment