Monday, February 28, 2011

Goal Achieved! AND the most satisfying day yet in clinic!!

After disappointing myself beyond reason last Wednesday, I was determined to finish 4 quads of a 1B in one appointment...and TODAY I DID!  On my Father!  It was exhilarating!  and Im glad I was able to share the memory with my dad.  Everything went smoothly and of the whole mouth, I only missed one surface of supracalc.  Not bad, not bad!  AND, I finished 2 PEs.  Now that I've accomplished this, I will expect no less of myself and I WILL complete 4 Quads on EVERY OTHER 1B patient I see.  Using the scaler to search surfaces of the teeth for deposits really helped to increase my time, as well as being confident in myself.  It helped that my dad has such a large mouth!  Easier access to all the surfaces!  Professor Costley recommended using and H6/7 instrument for anteriors because it is less bendy than a nevi.  I havent tried using one before, so I put it in my cassette for sterilizing, instead of the Indiana, which I rarely use.  Ill test it out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment