Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Blanca, my second Class II

Kelsey needed someone to switch her clinic sessions so I took her morning shift.  Maren needed someone to see a class II patient for her while she treated their relative or something and I needed another class II so that worked perfectly!  Blanca was a great patient.  She didnt speak a lot of english but she got along okay with what I was saying.  My first three quads were nearly seamless...i did a great job.  I think I missed three spots between the three quads.  I regret to say that on the fourth I felt rushed on time and I TANKED.  Two other girls were in my same boat and we became a topic of discussion in podwrap that afternoon.  What we learned:  do not sacrifice completeness of care based on time...do our best work for the patient and take the knock on time utilization, rather than trying to pass off a half-baked job of scaling.  That hurts us more.  I learned my lesson for sure.  All that hard work on the first three quads got flushed down the toilet.  I owe it to myself and to my patients to be better. 

No comments:

Post a Comment