Monday, January 10, 2011

Filling the spaces

I walked into today 100% confident I would finish Rachel.  I only had 3 quadrants to clean afterall!  Don't ask me how the day managed to slip away from me, but after taking longer than I expected I would on scaling, and after waiting a lengthy period of time for my instructor, I only made it through 2 quads which means she gets to come back.  Blah.  I feel defeated...haha.  I feel that Instructor Demmings is of the opinion that I should be working faster.  I want to work quickly but I feel its more important that I master my technique (adaptation, angulation, etc) before I focus on speed.  Still, I need to be able to finish 3 quads of a 1B in one appt.  I will never complete all my requirements if I proceed at snail pace.  Next time I scale, my goal is to improve my time by using my explorer more effectively.  I also need to have more controlled working strokes and a firmer fulcrum.  I will also ask for an instructor earlier so that I get them when I need them!  They have so many of us to help. 

Oh and I had a thought.  HOW COOL WOULD IT BE to have a clinic day where our Senior peer pals observe US!  It would be so neat to have one on one time through an entire appt.  We would be able to ask for pointers and they would be able to teach us a lot!  I think I will recommend that to Professor Costley sometime.  It may not happen for us this year but it may be able to help the juniors next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment