Monday, January 3, 2011

Back to Work!

I was overwhelmed about a week ago, but today I have been remarkably calm about coming back for a new semester!  In clinic, we went over ultrasonics and graceys.  I have to say I'm excited to use ultrasonics, but I LOVE that we are being encouraged to build our muscle memory before we are unleashed with powered instruments.  They are essential to the work of a hygienist, but it is more important that we learn precision and technique with handscalers.  The more we build our muscles and tactile sensitivity, the more quality others will find in our dental work.  I am glad I am attending a University that challenges me and and helps me to become the best hygienist I can become.  I dont want to cut corners.  Im excited for my patient Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment