Thursday, April 7, 2011

Impossible Things Happen Every Day

I love when life seems like a Cinderella story.  With faith and hard work, it seems that things just work out.  Today a senior student came into our class and asked if one of us needed a class III patient.  I have intended to bring in Henry for a month or more and he continually cancels on me.  Because I need him so much, I kept trying but something always comes up.  I tried to get patients to come in on our screening day to see if they meet my requirements but they all bailed so I was really stressing about getting two more quads of my class III.  I asked Prof Costley if I could take my clinic day that day and she thought it was a wise idea.  Angel Pichardo was a great patient, and I loved having the opportunity to sit in Senior clinic and associate with Prof Alexander.  It got me really excited for next year.  His tooth anatomy was rough and it made calculus detection difficult, but in the end, I completed two quads and only missed three places!  I was so excited!  It was a great experience, and Im grateful that the opportunity presented itself to me.  But wow, we need to take those scalers deep in to those molar pockets!  That was a learning experience! 

No comments:

Post a Comment