Monday, April 11, 2011

Finishing my class 1B requirements

Today Tim and Sharlene came in, and I am happy to report that I am getting faster.  I never thought Id see the day where I could finish 4 quads of someone in one day.  But alas, it has come.  I attribute it to better exploring, as I proved by passing off my PE today.  I was also able to pass off my blood glucose PE.  She handled the test SOOOO much better than I did when we practiced.  I admired her for that.  She had eaten recently and her glucose level was still within normal levels, which may indicate that her normal fasting blood glucose level is low.  This theory is consistent with her comments of getting dizzy if she goes too long without food.  I learned that lots of lingual bars are cemented only to the cuspids, rather than my case (where it is bonded to each tooth).  I thought Sharlenes calculus was the cement so I was careful to stay away from it, but it ended up penalizing me in my scale check.  I can now be aware of this.  Goal: try to fit two 1Bs into one appointment for next time, or very soon thereafter.

2 comments:

  1. It was fun having ya next to me today! Although once i start with a pt i hardly pay attention to anything else around me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl! I just want to say... your amazing! You have helped me so much and taken your time to get me where I am at. Much appreciated! Thanks for a great year

    ReplyDelete