Tuesday, January 17, 2012

2nd Mockboard

I feel so much gratitude for today.  We had our second mockboard and it couldn't have gone better, to be honest.  Heather found me a great, cooperative patient who was really fun to talk with during the appointment.  In the morning I was an examiner and my findings were more in line with our professors' findings than last time...by mucho!  I was glad about that.  During our downtime we were asked to take a mock written LA board and it that exam is any representation of what the real board will be like, I realize that I have little to worry about.  I got an 88/100.  I did learn some things that are going to help me in the future.  Then came mock clinical board in the afternoon.  My patient was on time and patient and wonderful.  I felt bad for the girls that had more difficult patients to manage...I hear some of their patients were super sensitive and heavy bleeders, etc.  That was what my last mockboard patient was like and I know how difficult that was.  My heart goes out to them.  Today went smoothly, I felt so calm it was creepy almost, and I just jabbered and cleaned the whole time.  I finished a half hour early and decided there wasnt anything else I could do so I sent him for his check.  NO ERRORS!  except that I supposed one tooth had recession when, in fact, it was just abfraction.  In the future, I was told that I can state on my form that I measured a tooth from its level of abfraction, but because I didnt write that, I was docked the 2.5 pts...no matter.  That left me at 97.5!!!!!!!  Not too shabby!  and you know what, ILL TAKE IT!!!  Bring it on Boards!

No comments:

Post a Comment