Friday, September 30, 2011

Nitrous Rocks!

We performed nitrous oxide delivery on one another today.  Ive only used NO2 in a dental office once, and I lost faith in it when it didnt make any difference to my level of comfort.  It turns out that when you get the appropriate ratio of NO2 to O2 (for me, its 2.5 lpm of NO2 to 5 lpm of oxygen), you most definately feel the difference.  It isnt disputable.  I immediately started laughing and then the more I laughed the more I wanted to.  I thought of the scene in Mary Poppins where everyone is floating in the air and singing "I love to Laugh."  It was a good time.  I now feel more confident that NO2 can take away tensions that may arise for patients when they come in for dental treatment.  Today has been lots of laughs. 

I LOVE being with these girls and our professors.  They are a hoot!

No comments:

Post a Comment