Thursday, October 6, 2011

Pretty Blue Eyes

My VA patient was beautiful.  Especially his Class III dentition ;)  When Prof. Bossenberger told me that two quadrants were Class III and two were Class II I somehow thought I should be able to finish the patient in one day...I dont know why I thought that.  That's ridiculous.  Anyway, I started by cleaning his upper and lower right and decided at that point that I didnt want to continue any farther.  I think I took on more than I should.  Only clean one quad of a Class III at a time.   I knew that, but forgot that.  I missed a lot of the interproximals, and didnt really have time to get help on how to access them better.  Bahhumbug.  Next time I will allow myself more time on a class III.  My afternoon patient cancelled so I ended up having to CA.  Bah.  Today, I saw a patient who, in times past, has been considered a class III and mostly a class IV.  Instructor Perry helped me to see why this patient, in general, would really only be considered a Class II.  I understood his logic and wouldnt have wanted my patient to be charged for anything more than a Class to SRP in real life, but he had some extremely deep pockets along 10,11,and 18 (18 was 11mm!!!) and I definitely think that for my efforts, this patient should be considered AT LEAST a Class III for the effort.  It is going to be rough!  Gosh, I need this week to end.  Ive taken on far more than I can chew and Im exhausted and discouraged. 

2 comments:

  1. Awe Tanya, I have felt that way this week too. If you read other blogs you will see that you are not the only one discouraged this week. Keep your head up, we have Mockboards coming. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good content to your posts girl. Thanks for being so prolific and reflective. This is what we are looking for.

    ReplyDelete