Friday, September 30, 2011

Mockboard pt found!

Yesterday I was finally able to find a mockboard patient, and his xrays make him look like he may be prime for boards.  Because of this, my professor encouraged me to take PAs of half of his mouth so thats how I spent most of his appointment.  I am so relieved to have found a patient!  In the morning I cleaned two quads of a class II.  She was my first experience with mobility.  #2 was moving with the wind after I disrupted the calculus bridge that was holding it to 3.  I had to hold the tooth as I scaled around it.  There was calculus on every surface.  When I brought in Perry for a scale check he said I had missed small spots on the M and D of that tooth, so he encouraged using more lateral pressure.  I realized right then why I hadnt gotten it all...on a mobile tooth I was afraid to use too much pressure.  In the end though, we arent doing our patients any favors by leaving traces of burnished calculus around.  Lesson learned.  ;) 

1 comment:

  1. YAY! You found your mockboard too!!! I was praying for all of us who were still on the lookout :) Your blog makes me laugh and now im singing, "I love to laugh" in my head!

    ReplyDelete