Thursday, September 22, 2011

FOR THE LOVE!!

I want to use a swearword on my blog right now but I'm not that kinda gal so I won't.  I love a thousand different things about my second year but I HATE one thing...getting people who are obviously apathetic to their dental care to KEEP THEIR APPOINTMENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Coming into today I was ALREADY on my THIRD string of patients and then my morning patient cancels.  I don't cry very often but this news pushed me there.  When our grades reflect the agency of others, the stress goes a lot deeper.  I tried and tried to get a classification met that was beyond a 1B or a V.  Three times, I tried.  Now I have to finally relent and treat the only patients that are truly dependable...1B mother-in-laws.  Don't blame me professors!  I can truly say I tried. 

3 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry tanya! I have had a patient cancel every week too. It is so frustrating! But I have been lucky enough to always find one last minute. I agree that it is frustrating when our grade depends on someone else getting there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate that this is happening to you too. I have had a patient cancel or no show every week since school started, and that includes the VA too. I had 2 no show weeks in a row at the VA and a cancellation this week but luckily I've managed (no easy task I may add) to find a patient last minute to see. Good luck to us in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You girls are sweet. I'm so glad that we are all in this together. ;)

    ReplyDelete