Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Thank Goodness for Calming Influences

Today was my nightmare.  Alarm didnt go off so I slept in till 7:50, the time I am supposed to be to clinic.  I call and Professor Costley was very calm and sweet.  I appreciated that.  I got here late and Marianne had set up my operatory for me.  I am grateful for her.  My pt Kristie had a big smile on her face and reassured me everything was okay.   I appreciate her.  Hemsley made sure I got my HHXRX signed quickly so I could start scaling.  I appreciated her attention.  Hafen was exciting me about learning to use the ultrasonic.  I LOVE THE ULTRASONIC!  Kristie, bless her heart, sat there forever while I scaled and while Hafen checked my scaling.  Im slow, to be sure, but I didnt miss many surfaces, which I was happy about.  I learned how to better scale around lingual bars and I actually feel quite comfortable with it now.  Thanks Hafen!  She is left handed too, so I love when she visits me ;)  Marianne was sweet to let me pass off my sealant PE on Sarah...and when I started crying because I was missing instruments that I needed in order to check my sealant, Marilyn and Sarah were super sympathetic and wonderful calming influences.  Deep breath...okay...I made it through the morning. I didnt get in as much scaling as I hoped to, but I got some good practice in.  I love those ind'ls that I was able to work with today.  Marilyn is amazing...I really appreciate her.  There are so many sweethearts in this program.  When I learned that I had forgotten to chart OD on todays pt, Costley let it slide on the understanding that I would remember to do it next time.  With a really sweet smile, she nudged me and said "You didnt forget OHI though!  Good job!"  I am very lucky to have Prof. Costley as my professor.  She is a really neat, educated, and understanding ind'l.  I hated the circumstances of this day, but I loved that I was able to come to appreciate everyone I associate with a little bit more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment