Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Wednesday

Today we got to practice!  Thank the Heavens!  We also passed off our intraoral PE's.  I was nervous a bit but things ended up working out smoothly.  I was grateful to get all 4's!  I remember seeing that PE for the first time and thinking Id never be able to memorize it all!  It was nice to be able to practice for a bit.  Ryan wont let me practice on him...little stinker.  I need to find a more willing helper.

Oh! and Karlie and I won a bag of starbursts today for being the fastest pod to set up our operatories for pt tx.  We probably had too much an advantage, seeing as there were only two of us.  We worked together though and "gotter done" real fast.

Kim gave a really great pod wrap up today, in which she reminded us to humanize all our pts.  It can be easy to think of them as mouths, and not impressionable individuals.  We should do all we can to make them comfortable, to speak in their language, to build rapport, and to inspire them to take good care of their teeth.  I look forward to being a personable dental hygienist.

My new goal is to throw "really" out of my vocabulary entirely...its such an ucky word.

No comments:

Post a Comment