Thursday, February 16, 2012

Happy Valentines...Im going to sleep.

Well I managed to get myself sick last Thursday and it carried through the weekend.  No fun.  Today I was groggy and a little hesitant to come in but I had to finish my Class IV patient so I made it.  Sad story though.  His blood pressure has risen each time he's visited the clinic.  The first time he was only prehypertensive.  The second time he was hypertensive because he had drinken an energy drink (ww?).  This time he came in, he assured me that he stopped drinking energy drinks because "I had scared him" into watching his B/P.  This time, even without the drink, his B/P was in the Stage II Hypertensive state and we had to dismiss him.  I still have to follow up with him to make sure the doctor thinks he is okay.  I was worried for him and his wife.  They are a nice couple.  Whitney wasn't able to find an afternoon patient and my energy was kaput, so she was willing to take the patient so that I could go home.  So...no patient treatment this week.  Oh well.  Happy Valentines all!  I hope you didn't have to spend your day like me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment