Tuesday, March 20, 2012

BOARD EXAMS

Let me list, in proper order, the exams of which have given me the most amount of stress and anxiety.  1 represents the most stressful.
1.  National Board Written Exam
2.  Process of Care
3.  WREB Local Anesthesia Written
4.  WREB Local Anesthesia Clinical
5.  WREB Clinical Dental Hygiene Exam

I am anticipating the results of my National Board Written this week and I'm reasonably confident that I passed.  I hope that is safe to assume.  The first half of the exam was a little scary and I didn't like that there were so many pharmacology questions but the case study portion of the exam saved my tucus, I think.  That was pretty straightforward.

Process of Care sucked.  I really don't know what to anticipate.  I feel there is a 50/50 chance of passing it.  I didn't like the format and how subjective the test seemed to be.  The huge annoyance with this exam is that we have to wait until we have taken the WREB clinical to get our results for POC.  So I have 30 more days to wait on my stupid results.  At least I know that this is the least important Board to pass on the first shot.  If I fail, I just pay $25 and take it immediately again.  It would be no fun, but pretty atraumatic.

Of all my exams, I felt the most confident coming out of LA written...and I passed.  I was grateful that this exam ended up being fairly stress-free.

LA Clinical went really well, as well...but I was really nervous going into it after failing my mockboard.  I passed on my first go, though, so I was pretty excited.  I left immediately for the airport to pick up my brother-in-law from his mission.  After the adrenaline wore off, I was seriously in shock.  I couldn't believe I was through with one clinical and that I had done so well.  I kept telling my family, "I passed!  I can't believe I've taken my first clinical board!!!"  I'm sure they were sick of me by the end of the night.

Once I found my patient, I had zero stress about taking my clinical board.  I probably should have been stressing a little more because I was 10 minutes from having to submit my patient for his scale check and I was still scraping calculus off his molars.  I would have much rather spent a solid half hour finding nothing, but I guess it was what it was.  I PRAY I passed this.  It would be such a holy annoyance to have to take this exam out of state.  Please oh please oh please say I passed.

In other news, I saw Linda this morning and cleaned her UL class IV quad and her LL class III quad.  No errors...felt good!  She didnt like the ultrasonic much, so I went light on that.  It has been a good day, so far.

1 comment:

  1. Waiting to hear about exams was awful! I'm so glad everything is over!

    ReplyDelete