Tuesday, March 6, 2012

THANK THE ROYAL HEAVENS

I found a patient for my clinical board exam last friday during screenings.  I was so grateful to Emily for looking him over while I finished up my previous patient.  We were concerned that his pocket measurements were too deep so I ran to the store to purchase him antiseptic mouthrinse and some good toothpaste.  I very thoroughly described the methods I wanted him to use to brush over the next week and we scheduled him for today to look for improvement.  This patient is amazing.  He came early to his appointment (which makes me hopeful that he will be dependable the day of boards) and his mouth looked 75% better than at the screening.  His gums were less inflammed, there was less bleeding on probing, his PFI had decreased considerably, and he was in the perfect position to be an ideal board patient.  We took forever on his xrays because try as we may, we couldnt keep an UL molar PA from looking elongated...and this was with Professor Alexanders help!  Oh well, it wasnt too extreme.  Hopefully it wont come back to bite me.  He was perfectly comfortable with me cleaning his UR quad, even without LA.  Another plus!  He stayed wide open the entire time and was super cooperative.  No errors!  I am set!  Hooray!

Linda cancelled with the front desk and I never got the message so I was without a patient for the afternoon.  I ended up putting Tori in the chair and cleaning her up.  Professor Alexander asked me if I thought she needed to do a scale check.  I said no and she was alright with that!  What a complement to Tori and me.

Next week...Boards and lots of hair falling out.

No comments:

Post a Comment