Thursday, November 10, 2011

Robin Returns

My title sounds like a quote from Batman...haha.  Kay, its really not funny.

Ada returned today for the rest of her cleaning.  I was initially nervous that I wouldnt be able to complete three quads of her class III dentition in one appt for a variety of reasons.
1.  Sometimes cleaning one quad of a Class III can take one hour for a very experienced practitioner.
2.  I didn't want to anesthetize bilaterally. 
3.  She needed NO2, and LA, and those take time as well.

I was happy to find that I did have sufficient time and that I was able to clean one quadrant without anesthesia, which was the best scenerio I could have asked for.

I passed off my nitrous PE.  I remembered that oxygens international color is green, even though in my head it should be blue...like the sky.  Oh well.  I accurately titrated the ratio of oxygen to nitrous and remembered to start at 1 lpm of nitrous to 5 lpm of oxygen. 

Ada was wonderful and I look forward to having her back next semester.

1 comment:

  1. I always have to clarify the colors in my head too. I tell my self that oxygen makes plants grow so that's why it green. It really should be the other way around!

    ReplyDelete