Sunday, November 6, 2011

Reflections of the past week

Ive been craving the opportunity to blog for some reason!  Its a pity that the craving comes now because I really don't have anything interesting to say!  Haha.  I'll just try to start jabbering, I guess.

Thursday the 27th I had an interesting learning experience in clinic.  I had the opportunity to treat a patient that was severely visually impaired.  The appointment started out fine and xrays went smoothly.  I wasn't expecting any difficulty but as we moved into the cleaning, things got rough.  Matt had a very powerful lower lip and he refused to allow it to relax in order to probe his teeth accurately.  His tongue followed me everywhere and he struggled to keep his mouth open at all.  I had to borrow my peers' biteblocks, but he kept spitting them out on the floor so I had to go and find another students' biteblock so I could see in there!  I definitely earned my lunch that day.  It took a lot of patience and patient management to get through that appointment.




1 comment:

  1. I love you blog posts! They almost make up for us not being the same clinic anymore... almost. Way cool about the files! I have yet to use mine.

    PS: I love your countdown widget!!

    ReplyDelete