Thursday, December 1, 2011

Wind Blows... :)

Kay, this windstorm was insane! 
I'm surprised I even made it to clinic today!  Things haven't gone exactly to plan.  I had anticipated treating 4 children today.  This would have more than enabled me to meet my semester requirement for 1A patients.  The father who was bringing in the children I was going to see during my morning appt had to park clear down campus because of our closed lot.  I was concerned that his kids would fly away like kites.  There was all sorts of debris flying around so we told him to get his children home safely and that we would reschedule his appt later.  People first.  That left me the rest of the morning to assist other students who had patients show to the clinic.  I was able to be the patient for two different girls as they passed off various PEs.  And we were able to spend some time in front of the window watching all the craziness unfold outside.
They closed off Weber's A6 parking lot after I parked there, so all our cars were essentially used as target practice for sheet metal and giant tar pads all morning. Oh, did I mention the truck shell that got thrown from the big white truck?? I saw term papers (and their owners, literally) flying, and 2 people put into ambulances. 
Be safe out there peoples. Luckily, my car escaped with very little damage. I have a minor fender bender and Ill be cleaning off tar stains for a while!

No comments:

Post a Comment